If you happen to make a mistake when typing your name upon sign-up or prefer to go by a nickname, don't worry - you can make an update to your profile! 😊
Making a change to the name that is displayed is quick and easy. Here at Clubhouse - our community prefers to use their real name vs. something made up. This is so that when you make friends, you actually know who you are meeting!
Updating Your Name
- Go to your Profile (this would be your picture in the top right corner)
- Click on your Name located below your profile picture
- You will see a prompt asking which name you would like to update.
- Select Correct my Legal Name to update the primary name that is displayed under your Profile Picture
- Select Add My Creator Alias if you would like to update your stage name or nickname. Make sure you enter this correctly as you can only set this one time.
- Once you have entered your desired name, select Update and you're all set! 🎉
Note: If you have tried to update your profile name recently, you may receive an error when you select this option. No worries, check back in a couple of days and you'll be good to go.
📌 Helpful Tips
If you would like to learn more about the Clubhouse Community and our Real Name Policy, please check out our Community Guidelines.