Here are the major notification types you can expect to receive:
- Someone you follow started a room. When someone you follow (who also follows you) creates a room, you'll get a notification to join. Heads up, if you're the first guest to join the room, you'll automatically be on stage as a speaker! If you join after a second person has joined already, you'll go in as an audience member.
- Someone you follow is speaking. When someone you follow is speaking in a room, you'll get notified so you can choose to join.
- Someone you follow shared a room. When someone you follow shares a room to their hallway, you'll get a notification to check it out!
- Trending rooms. If you have trending room notifications on (check your settings from the gear icon on your profile), you'll be notified about popular rooms happening live!
- Welcome rooms. When someone in your friend circle or community joins Clubhouse, you'll be notified to help welcome them.
We do not send notifications about listeners present in rooms (e.g., if you join a room, nobody is notified, however they may see your name on the home feed or when they join a room).