Clubs are a very important part of Clubhouse — it's half the name, after all! Creating a shared space for regular conversations, be they public or private, means that likeminded people can connect no matter how big the community grows.
Now that our doors are wide open, we're making some one-time changes to simplify how clubs work and make them easier to manage for new and experienced Admins alike.
- We’re simplifying things by eliminating club "Followers," so there is a single relationship you can have to a club: "Membership."
- If you're the Admin of a club, you can choose to make your membership "Open" (meaning anyone can join as a Member) or "By Approval" (meaning you individually approve all Members).
- We’re creating a new role called "Leaders" to help club Admins make their clubs successful. Leaders can start rooms and schedule events that all club members can see, but can’t edit club settings, edit the club name, or add/remove members. Admins can choose which trusted club members to designate as Leaders.
- When people visit your profile, they'll see the clubs in which you're an admin, leader, and member.
- Club Admins can now delete scheduled events created by other admins, leaders, and members.
- If you are a Club Admin, and you now have the ability to process a club deletion in app. If you head to your profile>select the club>and tap the gear icon you should now see a "delete club" option. Please note this is only available on IOS devices at this time.